What Attributes Should I Look For?
Your contractor of choice should be a skilled craftsman, a well organized businessman and an astute communicator and listener. Ideally, he will be using up to date computer technology in his business practices. Ask yourself the following questions to determine if you and the contractor are a good match:
- Do we relate well to each other?
- Can we build a lasting rapport?
- Do we communicate well?
- Is the contractor a good listener?
- Is he well organized?
- Does he get back to you as promised?
- Are his proposals and contracts complete and easy to understand?
- Does he offer a strong warranty with his work?
If you can answer “yes” to each of these questions, then this should be your contractor.